Keeping Your Reading Space Clean

  Recently, for whatever reason, there's been a slightly weird question on my mind. Do I read more/faster when my reading space is clean? I suppose some of this question may be coming in from the fact that I've let my bedroom get messy. And, in the time that I've let my bedroom get messy, I've started reading less.
  Generally, I keep my reading space relatively clean. The messiness started out simple, one of my two desks started having stuff stacked on it and I didn't put my laundry away, then it more or less started getting out of control.
   When my space is clean, it feels like I get more done. Whether that be reading, homework. whatever. The opposite applies when my room is messy. So, my next step was to clean my room. I ended up doing a bit more thorough of a clean that I meant to. I re-organized my closet, washed all of my blankets, even ones I barely use, swept and mopped my floors, washed my carpet, and cleaned both my desks. Not to mention swept and reorganized a few things around my room. And, of course, I can't leave out lighting a candle in order to remove any smell that there was in my room.
  Then, the thought hit me. Was it just me who felt this way? Or was it most people. So, I started two Instagram polls. One on my bookstagram, and one on my art-related account. I, initially, I was just going to do the poll on my bookstagram. But then I remembered I have substantially more active followers on my art-related account, so I would get more answers there.
   As of writing this post, everybody who's answered the question has said that they also feel more productive when their space is clean. So then, for those who's bedrooms are constantly messy, does that affect their reading habits and productivity?
  I know this is a relatively short blog post, but ya know, it more or less it what it is. So, moral of the story, if you feel like you haven't been reading enough, or just being productive enough in general, maybe you should clean your room or wherever you read. That could potentially help. Thinking about it, I blew through Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children fast than I do most books, and my room was cleaner than it had been in weeks when I read it.



Comments

Popular Posts